The 10 | Kerri N


Thursday, January 10, 2008

Retro Mabacre

As is often the case, I got incredibly bored and my old man directed me to Digg for momentary entertainment and I saw these creepy ads from times past. I think at this point that material of this nature should be called 'retro macabre', considering that our grandparents were clearly hardcore.





You filthy whore.




First up we have this little coffee ad. Nothing sells coffee like tapping into the wife-beating demographic.




Victory Bonds




Who knew Nazis had such bony fingers.




Uh...




The worst part is, this made your granny want some pork chops.



The generation responsible for and that responded to this kind of advertising is currently being stored in various incompetent old people prisons (i.e. nursing homes). I see a serious bed-pan-throwing retaliation in our near future. These people don't fuck around. The complete list of 'Ten Creepiest Old Ads' can be found here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home