The 10 | Kerri N


Monday, December 18, 2006

About The Artist



I never know where to start with these damn things *sigh*. Because when put on the the spot my mind either draws a blank or fuzzy circles I'll start with a list of random facts and reiterate from there:





  1. I'm left-handed.

  2. I am an Aries. Outright.

  3. I was raised in the mountains.

  4. I've been drawing sense the day I could hold a pencil.

  5. The more bizarre, the longer it retains my interest.

  6. I like shiny things - also zombies.

  7. I have an unhealthy fascination with the undead (see above).

  8. By religion I qualify as an Occultist.

  9. I've never been unsure of anything in my life, but I have been wrong.








1


I'm left-handed. My father is the only other lefty in my bloodline, and though he didn't teach me much else, he did teach me how to open doors, and to this day I have to turn a full circle to walk through a doorway. And no, other lefties do not do that. My dad's a doofus.




2


I'm unbearably driven to do whatever I set my mind to, no matter how stupid or far fetched. Aries is the leader sign f the Zodiac and we're known as the pioneers; i.e. we start shit then turn it over to a Libra or Aquarius to finish it. I can't tell you how many unfinished projects I have floating around right now. Everything I feel at the moment I think I'll feel for the rest of my life, until five minutes later when I change it and feel that for the rest of our life. Aye...





3


From age five to twelve my main means of entertainment involved collecting unidentifiable roadkill bones and poking dead things with sticks. This, among other childhood activities, (*ahem* repeatedly exhuming dead pets) are likely signs of slight mental distortion. But what good artist isn't tweaked or on drugs? Those were the days, man.





4


Just like it says, I've been doodling for pretty much EVER. I recently came across archaic pictures I drew of naked people doing...uh...naked things and in terms of certain body parts boy was I off. Ultimately, they still went on the wall to greet my friends and family upon entering my house (sometimes by force, why not?)





5


Normal is normal, weird is everything else. Thereby in being weird, the possibilities for life experiences are endless. Think about this: Ted is a normal guy. Pastels, shirt and tie, works in an office. On weekends Ted likes to get spanked by a tranny hooker in a seedy roadside hotel. The moral of the story? Don't feel bad about your freak, Ted does it too.





6


Beauty to me is everything from a polished rock to a dying animal. It isn't in the least the death I find beautiful, but the fight to survive. Too long we have been led to believe happiness is the only positive emotion to be had. All emotion is divine and to feel is to be alive, even if it means crying yourself to sleep.






7


I touched on the concept a bit but from a basic standpoint, I'm naturally drawn to bloodshed and the captivating concept of the unnatural. I always believed humans fear that which they do not understand, and because of this when we don't understand something we are quick to dismiss it in an effort to maintain a sound mind. But remember: life is the journey, not the destination; and your life will go nowhere lest you step outside the safety of the known.






8


Religion used to be the science, now science is our religion. But how much faith can you put into a system that presents you with this: Eggs are good for you, eggs are bad for you, eggs are good for you, eggs are bad for you; every five years with this shit. When humanity was at its most profound we were born knowing, now we are born asking and waiting to be told by someone no more wise than ourselves. Fools hold our lives in their hands and people are raised not to think for themselves, but to allow these fools to think for us so we don't have to. I believe we are willing to submit to this because if we do not think for ourselves we don't have to take responsibility for ourselves - because who wants to do that. On that note, I feel religion is either the product of people not want to take responsibility for their own lives, or a pacifier for those who fear their impending death. To be religious is foolish, to be spiritual divine. Take from life only what you know to be true and move on. Do this and you won't have to ask questions.






9


Just like it says, I have never been unsure of anything in my life, but I have been wrong. But to be wrong is a learning experience, and a man who learns nothing simply cannot evolve; forever trapped in the stagnate of his limited ideals.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home